2022 Erath High Homecoming
Erath High is excited that Homecoming 2022 will take place this year. There are changes for safety protocols in place, so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY for those changes! If you have questions, you may contact the school. Please be patient as we navigate these changes.
All 2022 Erath High Homecoming details at this time are on the website under the “MENU Bar. Go to the main page https://ehs.vpsb.net and look at the TOP of the page and then click "Menu". Then in the 3rd column under Campus Activities, look for Homecoming 2022 and click. The schedule and activities will available.
Friday, October 7, 2022 Homecoming Events:
Changes for Erath Homecoming Visitation on October 7, 2022.
Erath will have slight changes in school visitations for Homecoming this year due to safety protocols. Superintendent Byler’s letter is included and information from each school is listed at the bottom.
As we all know, Erath Homecoming is a community event like no other, many have called it “the big blue national holiday.” Over the past three years, many of the past traditions have changed because of Covid protocols. In addition, the increase in enrollment has caused capacity issues. Changes in safety protocols have also changed in this time period. Because of this, many unknowns about the future of Erath High Homecoming traditions have been in question. After consultation with school administration and my central office administrative team, I would like to share the comprehensive plan that we have put together to ensure that we keep the traditions of the past and adjust to our current situations to put together a safe, fun-filled day that honors the past Bobcat history and helps to ensure the continuation of these events in the future.
It is crucial that we all understand the task at hand and follow the protocols that we have put in place. It is our job as the school system, first and foremost, to ensure a safe and orderly environment for our students on our campuses. While I love to see the many spirited Bobcat blue fans all through the town, I am asking for complete cooperation with our policies, procedures and wishes of the school administration in charge of the campus on the day of the events. This absolutely needs to be a day that follows our plan to the fullest extent and cooperation by all parties involved will ensure that it is a “great day to be a Bobcat.”
I thank you in advance for doing your part to keep traditions alive and help our students have a safe experience that will provide many great memories.
Thomas J. Byler
Erath’s Homecoming Day is Friday, October 7, 2022
No bags/purses of any kind will be allowed during visitation at Erath High, Erath Middle, or Dozier Elementary.
All visitors (NO MATTER THEIR AGE) must obtain a ticket to enter for visitation at Erath High, Erath Middle, and Dozier Elementary. (Each school has a different ticket.) Students went home with forms for tickets to complete ahead of time. If you are unable to obtain a ticket ahead of time, you will be required to sign in and obtain a ticket upon arrival. It is highly suggested getting your tickets beforehand. School specific tickets are required for entry at each school.
Alumni and visitors can pick up free tickets from each school on these dates.
- Erath High from September 13, 2022, until September 23, 2022
-Erath Middle will hand out tickets on October 3, 2022
-Dozier Elementary will hand theirs out from Thursday, September 15th to Friday, September 23rd at the front office.
Events on October 7, 2022-Homecoming Day
Annual Homecoming Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church at 7:15 AM
Visitation at each school is below. NOTE: Ticket or sign in required at each school.
-Erath High 10:15-11:00
-Erath Middle 10:10-11:00 AM
o Dozier Elementary visitation will be from 8:45-10:00. - Dozier visitation ends promptly at 10 AM.
· Erath High Pep Rally will begin at 11:00.
· Parade will begin at 12:30 PM. Checking out procedures will be established by school administration and there will be no deviations from the plans put into place.
· Presentation of the court will be at 6:15 PM
· Homecoming game against St. Martinville will begin at 7:00 PM at Robert J. Segura Stadium.
Note: The Erath Hall of Fame event is being held Thursday, October 6, 2022, @ 7:00 PM in the Erath Community Center. The public is invited. (Free event)
Other Homecoming News:
- Erath High Homecoming Tshirt Form-DEADLINE: Sep 19, 2022-Erath High Student Council is offering 2022 Homecoming Shirts for sale. Students can wear these shirts in lieu of uniform shirts on Fridays with uniform bottoms. We will be ordering short sleeve cotton t-shirts at this time for $15.00. Shirts will be distributed on campus by student council members. https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/2619/EHS/2431315/homecoming_shirt_order_form_.pdf
- 2022 Grand Marshal Marc Turner https://ehs.vpsb.net/o/ehs/page/homecoming-2022 List of EHS Grand Marshals started by Robert Vincent isn’t complete. Email Stacy Bodin @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hall of Fame 2022- EHS Hall of Fame Banquet is being held Thursday, October 6, 2022, @ 7:00 PM in the Erath Community Center. The public is invited. (No cost) Homecoming is Friday, October 7, 2022. The Inductees for 2022 are:
- Inductees for 2022 are:
- Derrick Fourroux (Class of 2005) was at Erath High from 2001-2005. He is married to Megan Dronet Fourroux and together they have three boys, Beckham, Briggs, and Bowen. He is the son of Patricia and Bruce Fourroux. His siblings are Bruce (Tasha), Zachary, and Jasmine (Elijah).
- Trisha Mouton (Class of 1995), was at Erath High from 1991-1995. She is the daughter of Mike and the late Connie Mouton. She has one sister, Dana Mouton Frederick (Andy). The Mouton family now has a trio of Hall of Famers at EHS. Trisha is the 3rd member of the Mouton family to be inducted into the Erath High Hall of Fame. Her father Mike was inducted in 2016, and her sister Dana was inducted in 2014.
- Brennan Bernard (Class of 2002), was at Erath High from 1998-2002. He is the son of Margaret and Kevin Bernard. He is married to Amanda and has three children, Parker, Graham, and Ella Claire. His siblings are Shana Bernard LeBlanc (Nathan), Ashlie Bernard Landry (Clayton), and Dason Bernard, (Courtney).
- Complete Hall of Fame List is @ https://ehs.vpsb.net/o/ehs/pag...
- Criteria Guidelines (Amended in 2022) https://ehs.vpsb.net/o/ehs/page/hall-of-fame-criteria-amended-6
- Powder Puff 2022 Details Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Times: Powderpuff Court Walk: 6:30 pm; First Game: 7:00 pm Location: Robert J. Segura Memorial Stadium (Football stadium)
- Admission: EHS Students wearing ID/ Powderpuff Cheerleaders-$3, Spectators- $5, Powderpuff Court members, Court parents, and children in Kindergarten or younger receive free admission.
- All Powder Puff details can be found at https://ehs.vpsb.net/o/ehs/page/powder-puff-2022-details
Parade Form to Ride in the 2022 Homecoming Parade-NOTE: Each class or group riding has to turn in a form to the office prior to Homecoming Day. https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/2619/EHS/2353287/erathparadefloatchecklist102110.pdf
- Block Party Details https://ehs.vpsb.net/o/ehs/page/block-party-2022
- Student HoCo Dress Days https://ehs.vpsb.net/o/ehs/page/student-hoco-dress-days-2022
- Student Service Projects https://ehs.vpsb.net/o/ehs/page/service-projects-2022